This is my absolute favourite way to eat spaghetti. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
What you need…
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes. I quarter them.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed. (I like pink garlic because it’s very flavour-y)
- Handful of fresh basil. I tear the leaves.
- Handful of wild garlic leaves. Or spinach. Or perhaps even both.
- Spaghetti. Enough for four.
- Oil. I use lemon infused rapeseed oil.
While the spaghetti is cooking (as directed) heat a generous glug of oil in a pan.
Cook the onion and garlic on low for five minutes, until soft, not brown.
Then add the tomatoes and leaves.
Cook for a couple of minutes more.
Drain the spaghetti, then stir in the contents of the pan.