Today we made Bruschetta which was not only very quick and easy but also vegan.
I don’t know about you but I love tomatoes and onions, so Bruschetta is exactly my kind of thing, although I’d only ever eaten in Pizza Express.
It couldn’t really be easier to make, and all in all it only takes ten minutes.
All you need is;
- A nice crusty loaf (sliced).
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- A glove clove (chopped as small as possible) garlic isn’t necessary if you’re not a fan
- A handful of basil leaves (torn)
- And a little olive oil.
Drizzle the sliced bread with olive oil then put on a tray and bake for around ten minutes (I think we used gas mark 6)
While that’s happening you have time to chop everything, then chuck it all into a bowl together, add a glug of olive oil and give it a good mix.
When you’re bread is nice and toasty take it out of the oven and spoon the mix on top of each slice.
That’s all there is to it. You’ll probably have enough for 4 people to have 2 slices each, the 19 year old and I ate the whole lot between us, don’t judge, it was just so good!